My name is Jessica Bukovinsky, I am a certified professional dog trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers® (CCPDT®) and the owner of Wicked Pawsitive Training (est. 2016).
Over the last 15 years I’ve worked with every animal you could imagine and I’ve seen the benefits of positive reinforcement training over aversive conditioning. Positive reinforcement uses universal rewards like food, to modify behavior but I also focus highly on Life Rewards-getting to go outside, playing with a favorite toy, inviting the pup onto the sofa, getting to play with another dog. This in turn creates a happy, confident and well mannered family dog who trusts you completely.
- Owner and Creator of Wicked Pawsitive Training, est. 2016
- Behavior and Training Manager, Animal Protective Foundation, Glenville NY (2019-2021)
- Marine Mammal Trainer II, New England Aquarium Boston, MA (2015-2018)
- Animal Manager and Pet Training Instructor, Smolak Farms, North Andover MA (2013-2015)
- Pet Training Instructor, Trainer II, Petsmart (2010-2014)
- Necropsy and Animal Care Technician, Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center, ME (2008-2010)
- Kennel Crew, Glenville Vet Clinic, Glenville NY (2003-2005)
-Dolphin Discovery, Tortola BVI
-Education Department, Buffalo Zoo, NY
-Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Intern, Sanborn, NY
-Giraffe and Bear Department, Buffalo Zoo, NY
-Elephant and Sea Lion Department, Buffalo Zoo, NY
-Marine Mammal Intern, Aquarium of Niagara, NY
“Dog training should be both affordable, and fun. If you’re having trouble with your dog, you shouldn’t have to break the bank to get the help you need!”